The range of conditions that Otolaryngologists diagnose and treat are widely varied and can involve the entire face, nose, lips, ears, and neck. Facial plastic surgery is a component of otolaryngology that can be divided into two categories: reconstructive and cosmetic.
Reconstructive surgery can be necessary after facial trauma, such as nasal trauma, facial fractures and soft tissue injuries. Facial reconstruction is also commonly required after excision of skin cancers. In some cases, some of the classically considered cosmetic procedures may also be functional. For example, we do rhinoplasty type procedures to improve breathing through the nose, and upper eyelid lifts and brow lifts to improve patients’ peripheral vision. Reconstructions required combined attention to both function and cosmetic appearance in the face and neck. We perform a wide range of reconstructive surgery in our group to meet our patients’ needs.
Cosmetic surgery of the head and neck also requires close attention to the functional outcome. As Otolaryngologists, we strive to combine the best appearance with the best functional result. In our clinic, we perform:
- Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery: Upper lid blepharoplasty removes excess skin and, sometimes, excess fat over the eyes in order to restore a youthful eyelid contour. Lower lid blepharoplasty can make you look refreshed by removing skin and repositioning the fat around the lower eyelids to restore a youthful appearance.
- Browlift or forehead lift: Browlift surgeries reposition the eyebrows, providing a more youthful and refreshed look, and can help restore your peripheral vision.
- Rhinoplasty or nose job: Surgery to change the shape of the nose while maintaining or improving function. We do this both for post-traumatic noses as well as for patients who simply want to change their appearance.
- Otoplasty or ear pinning: Surgery for protruding ears. This surgery is usually done around age 5-6 years old for children who may be being teased at school – but may be done at any age.
- FaceLifts or rhytidectomy: Facelifts can greatly improve the appearance and contour of your jaw and neck line by tightening the underlying support system and removing excess skin.
- Botox: Botox is an injection into the forehead that works by relaxing muscles in the forehead and around the eyes.
- Fillers: Injectable fillers work by temporarily restoring volume to the aging face to correct medium depth and deep lines.
- Facial vein treatments: The purpose of this treatment is to reduce or eliminate spider veins or broken capillaries on the face.
- Brown spot treatments: Age spots, freckles and other areas of hyperpigmentation can now be well treated with certain types of lasers in the office.
- Laser hair removal: Laser hair removal is one of the most popular laser treatments to remove unwanted hair from the upper lip, chin, sideburn area, axilla, bikini area and legs.
- Skin resurfacing: Skin resurfacing is an excellent way to generate newer, tighter skin with remodeled collagen, leading to a huge improvement in facial wrinkles, texture and pore size.
Dermatology based services
We now offer a wide range of minor skin based procedures in the office
- Biopsy of suspicious skin lesions
- Excision of facial and neck cysts
- Excision of facial and neck lipomas (fatty tumors)
- Removal of unsightly or precancerous moles
- Reconstruction after skin cancer removal